In this lecture, you will learn about:
- why engaging students, families, educators, and others in a collaborative selection, acquisition, and use of assistive technology devices and services matters,
- guiding principles of assistive and accessible technologies,
- the four elements of the SETT Framework and the order in which they are addressed,
- how to use the four elements of the SETT Framework to build shared understanding and improve solution-seeking by all involved in decision-making about materials and technologies,
- tips for what to do when you don’t know what to do,
- lessons learned from students, families, and others.